On either side of the central door we find a set of statues. On one side, a Calvary with the Blessed Virgin and Saint John at the foot of the Cross. It is a memory of the 1861 mission. It therefore reminds us of the thousands of missions and retreats preached by the Redemptorists. One of the first retreats was that which was to prepare for the first communion the royal princes, the future Leopold III (1901-1983) and his brother Charles (1903-1983), count of Flanders, better known under the name of “regent of the Kingdom of Belgium”, which made the royal family regular “parishioners” of the Church of Saint Joseph.
Calvaire de la mission de 1861